JCB is committed to protecting your personal information and complying with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). This policy describes how we collect, use, store and disclose your personal information.
JCB is made up of a group of related companies and affiliates. JCB Service is the lead data controller in respect of personal data processed under this policy. JCB Service's company number is 564955 and registered address is Lakeside Works, Rocester, Uttoxeter, Staffordshire ST14 5JP.
This policy applies to any personal information provided by you through the JCB website (servicepro.jcb.com).
Why do we collect personal information about you?
This site collects personal information about you for JCB to provide you with information you have requested about JCB products or to otherwise inform you about information regarding JCB products, and to improve and develop these for the future.
What information do we collect and how do we collect it?
JCB collects the following types of personal information about you through your completion of the online form or you otherwise contacting us through email@example.com:
- Forename and surname
- E-mail address
- Telephone number
- Company Name
- Address (billing address, delivery address)
- Details of the JCB Product you require information on
- Duration of required subscription and other subscriptions you have purchased
- Log-in details (username and password)
Through the checkout process you will be required to submit your payment information to our payment partner whose system uses SSL encryption. Only the payment partner will have access to your payment information and they will hold it in accordance with Data Protection legislation.
Depending on your settings or the privacy policies for other online services, you may give us permission to obtain information from your account with those other services. For example, if you're using the site on your mobile, you may choose to provide us with location data. The information we obtain from those services does depend on your settings for that service or their privacy policies. So you should always regularly check what those are.
For detailed information on the cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them see the JCB Cookies Policy.
How do we use information about you?
JCB use the information about you that you give us:
- to set up and manage your account
- to provide you with the services you have ordered and to understand what JCB products you require those services for
- to communicate with you about your subscriptions, information requested and your account
- to identify who you are when you contact us
- to contact you regarding any enquiries you may make
- to improve JCB products or services
- to resolve complaints or issues you may have with the service provided through the site and where you contact us for any other reason than Service Pro to pass on your information to the relevant department within the JCB group
- to notify you about changes to the services provided through the website
How will we contact you?
JCB may contact you by post, telephone, email and/or text message depending on the reason for correspondence and only in accordance with this policy.
Who do we provide this personal information to?
The personal information is provided to:
- JCB and the JCB group to benefit you for service support in relation to your JCB products and for improvement of JCB products and services
- our service providers who perform services on our behalf, such as IT service providers who manage the website and its performance
- the payment partners to process payment and to undertake fraud prevention checks
Where we store your information
All personal information we have about you is stored on secure servers operated by JCB or its third party service providers. These third party service providers have access to your personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. JCB ensures that these third party service providers will only process your personal data in accordance with this policy and applicable Data Protection legislation.
Where you are provided with a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Your personal information may be transferred to JCB offices operating in countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) or may be processed by JCB's third party service providers based or operating outside the EEA. JCB will use appropriate safeguards to ensure that your personal data is treated securely and in accordance the Data Protection legislation in connection to such transfers or processing of your personal data outside the EEA.
Your personal information will be held in the Service Pro system and, where we have corresponded with you via email will be held within our relevant IT systems, for an indefinite period for us to manage our relationship with you and to improve the site and its content. JCB will carry out periodic data cleanses of this information to ensure that it is up to date and accurate and to remove any obsolete data.
You have the following rights in connection with your personal information processed by JCB:
- you can request access to your personal information and further details about how your personal information is handled by JCB
- you have the right to object to our processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes or where the processing isn't necessary for the purposes of the contract between us or legitimate interests pursued by JCB or by a third party
- you can request rectification of any incorrect personal data held about you. You may change any of your personal information in your JCB Service Pro account at any time and we encourage you to promptly update your information if it changes
- you can request erasure of any personal data where the processing isn't necessary for the purposes of the contract between us or legitimate interests pursued by JCB or by a third party
You can exercise any of these rights at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided below.
If you are concerned or have questions about how JCB handles your personal data please contact us and we will do our best to assist you.
Please note that you have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK Information Commissioner's Office (or any other appropriate supervisory authority), which may be accessed through the following link https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.